Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Best Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well I did it, after reading a ton of posts on the Nest I finally got my act together and baked some off. Eric was less than impressed but I thought they were fantastic! One reason I can see that might have turned him off was that I used dark brown sugar, thinking the cookie was huge and an extra rich kick would be good. I liked them but again I like dark brown sugar! So the recipe was orginally posted on all recipes But I will repost with my moderfications.



Jen's Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie

Made 1 dozen cookies about 4-5 inches wide
PREP TIME 12 Min
COOK TIME 18 Min

INGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tea baking soda
1/2 tea salt
3/4 cup butter, melted in microwave
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets

Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Put bowl and dough in fridge for 30 mins. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

My tips: Put the dough in the fridge prior to baking and WATCH YOUR COOKIES! I overcooked one batch for about 2 mins and they got hard after a day... the not overcooked onces were still soft 10 days after baking (10 days is how long they lasted... so DH ate 1 the day they were made and I ate 11 in 10 days. And I wonder why I can't loose weight! LOL I also individually wrapped them in saran wrap when they were cooled.

No comments: