Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie without the Crust!


The one thing I hate about Chicken Pot Pie is the dry flakey crust. Maybe my mother didn't have a good crust, I personally haven't had much experience with making a crust of any kind. I don't normally like pie and neither does DH so I rarely make one! But this, this is pot pie without the pie.

Chicken Pot Pie Minus the Crust



Ingredients:

1 lb of chicken, cut & cubed uncooked
1 can of cream of something soup. I normally use cream of chicken or spinach but mushroom will work just as well.
1.5 cups of veggies of your choice. I normally use a pea and carrot or corn, maybe some spinach... I don't REALLY measure the amount out, I just mix in what I think is good... we like a lot of veggies. As long as your veggies get coated in the soup that's all that really matters
1 egg
Milk
2 cups of bisquick

Directions:

Mix chicken & soup in a pie plate or 8X8 or 9X13 for a short but long pie. Add in veggies, making sure everything is coated well. In a seperate bowl combine bisquick, egg & milk, using enough milk to make the bisquick blended and thinned. pour over chicken & veggies. Put in oven at 350 for 45-1hr. top should turn golden brown and should bubble on the sides.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.