Friday, August 17, 2007

Plans for the weekend

Well the weekend is here and we're coming towards the end of August which means the Durham Fair is just around the corner! So this weekend I am planning on making a few of the recipes I'm hoping to enter into the fair!

#1 Collecton: Biscotti, Italian Bread, and Italian Fruit-filled Cookie
these recipes are given to us, we need to make all three things and put a collection of them in a basket for judging. 6 Biscotti, 1 loaf of bread and I believe 6 cookies. I have never made any of these so I'm going to try them out this weekend

#11 Any Yeast Bread
I'm going to enter my Garlic Yeast Bread, the recipe is from all recipes and it's for a bread machine but I make it by hand.

#4 Any Cookie not chocolate chip
Molasses Cookies, I have a recipe that my aunt used to make and my mom made them after she passed away. They are THE BEST molasses cookie in the world and hopefully will blow the judges away! The other option I've been thinking about is a decorative cookie but I would have to go through my recipes to decide for sure.

#15 Grandma’s Favorite Recipe
Zucchini Bread, I have never entered this contest b/c I didn't want to give away such a good recipe... but a few people have asked for it and I've given it out so I decided I'll let the world (or at least Durham, CT) have it!

my plan is to make the biscotti, italian bread and fruit filled cookies this weekend. Maybe the garlic bread too. I'll take photos and post the recipes with the photos! happy baking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck at the fair! I hope your food is a big hit! I love molasses cookies! When I go to the fair, I'll see if I can find your entries!